Thursday, February 4, 2010

Here Comes the Sun ... kind of


Today saw the return of the sun in Uummannaq. A special day, even more so because of the 15 minutes extra sun/light we get each day now until the midnight sun sometime in May. We certainly have a lot more light now. Now all we need is the ice and some minus temperatures!



Of course, I did not have the camera with me to school today. So no pictures of the sun I am afraid. But last night, the Northern Lights were quite spectacular. I was too late to catch the different colours but I had plenty of green to keep me occupied.


About the only thing I could wish for during the expedition this summer is the the Northern Lights. They will be there, just invisible. However there should be plenty of other things to marvel at!

1 comment: